A quiz allows you to ask a variety of questions to which participants answer and their selections are deemed correct or incorrect.
Create a quiz
- Click the big blue Create a new… drop-down list and select Quiz.
- Give your quiz a name. Note that when the URL for your quiz is created, it will include the title you choose.
- Now select an option for managing the participant results in the Participant results section.
- In the Custom messages section, you can add messages that your participants will see before the quiz and decide how to manage the display of the participant’s progress. Professional and Corporate customers also have the option to include a custom finish message.
- In the Quiz options section, you can choose when to close your quiz, be it on a date that you choose, or after a certain number of quiz completions. The default quota is set to 1000, however, you can change that number to anything you like.
- In this section, you can also toggle question numbers on and off. Question numbers are on by default, though you can turn them off by unchecking the box next to Show question numbers.
- You can then decide whether or not you want to allow repeat quiz completions.
- You can choose to set a password that participants must enter to be allowed to complete the quiz. Additionally, if you wish to restrict your participants to a pre-defined set of IP addresses, you can enter them here. This setting is particularly useful if you want to allow, say only your employees or students to take the quiz.
- Email address whitelisting allows you to restrict quiz completions to only those in the email group you choose. First, you’ll want to create an email group. Then, while editing your quiz, check Email Restriction. You will then see a Select Users button.
- Click the Select Users button, and you will see the Email Whitelist dialog.
If you allow any email address, a participant must enter any valid email address to get access to the quiz. The response is registered when the participant clicks on a confirmation link.
If you choose an email group, only email addresses from this group will be permitted access to your quiz. Also, responses from the email addresses in a email group will only be registered when the participant clicks on a confirmation link.
If you choose to enter individual email addresses, you can use wildcards to allow a set of email addresses. For example, if you entered
*@polldaddy.com, all valid email addresses ending with @polldaddy.com will be permitted access to the quiz, such as
Once you choose the email addresses you want to be whitelisted, click Save Selections.
Now when a participant opens this quiz they will be asked to enter an email address.
When the participant completes the quiz they will see a message like the following.
The user will then receive an email with a confirmation link.
When the participant clicks on this link, they confirm ownership of the email address, which will register their response. A browser window is opened with the following.
When you’re done selecting your quiz’s options, be sure to click Save Settings.
Adding elements to your quiz
On the Question Editor page, click and drag quiz elements from the column on the left to the quiz area.
You can create quizzes using the following question types:
When the questions are ready, click Save Questions.
Next, choose a style for your survey.
Click Save Style Settings when you have finished.
Select a language pack
You can also choose to assign a language pack, if you’d like. To add this after selecting a style, click Design Quiz and then Edit Language. This changes any of the default button and quiz text to any text in any language you like. If you’ve already created a language pack for your quiz, you would select it from the dropdown list.
Sharing your quiz
Polldaddy offers many ways to share your quiz on the Collect Responses page. You can:
- copy a direct link to share with others;
- “like” it and post a link to it on Facebook;
- post a link to it on Twitter;
- embed it into a QR code and get a .png of the image to place in printed material;
- use a pop-up to encourage participants to complete it;
- embed it into in your website;
- download our free iOS app and sync it to gather quiz completions in the field via your iPad; and/or
- embed it into an email message.
Still have questions? Contact us.