You can create a rating widget to add the ability for visitors to rate anything on your site using a 5-star rating system.
Create a rating
- Click the big blue Create a new… drop-down list and select Rating.
- Give your rating a name.
- In the Rating Size box, you can select the size and color of the stars. If you’d like to use something other than stars, you can include the image URL in the box.
- In the Rating Type box, select 5-Star Rating.
The live preview on the right-hand side of the screen will update as you make selections so that you are immediately able to see what your rating will look like based on the selections that you choose.
Customize rating fonts and default text
Under Edit Styles, you can customize the text in many different ways. You can:
- Set your text in bold or italic
- Change the size of your text
- Choose a typeface
- Select a color
- Set the line height (the space between the text and the stars)
- Align the text left, right, or center, relative to the stars
- Choose whether you want the text to appear on top, to the right, or beneath the rating.
You can customize all the default phrases associated with the rating. Additionally, you can change the text to a different language by entering the phrases in the language of your choice:
Click Save Rating Widget to save your rating widget.
Placing the widget on your site
In order to place a widget on your website, click Collect Votes.
If you have a WordPress.org site, you’ll need to first download and install the Polldaddy plugin.
If you have a WordPress.com site, you can embed the rating using the WordPress.com shortcode. Copy the shortcode and paste it into the location you’d like to see the rating on your website:
Here’s what it looks like on your site:
Still have questions? Contact us.